Thursday, March 17, 2011

What's going on around here?

Every year one of my friends has a women's luncheon to encourage women in their role in life and have some fun fellowship together. Over the years it has grown and on Saturday she expects 59 women. I have always enjoyed helping with the decorations and food and this year is no exception. What will be my part this year? :-)



 The theme is royalty so my friend, I'll call her Lady Challengealot, came up with having a banner of a Christian crest.  Here's the picture printed from the internet...





then I drew it to a 3'x4' size with a few changes in wording.







Laying some satin over the cardboard I then painted the outline and filled in the coloring. You can paint on fabric using your regular acrylic paints by simply adding a fabric medium. However, it is nothing like painting on a solid surface and I found this a challenge on satin. Overall, it's looks like a royal Christian crest and that was the goal. I also sewed 10 royal purple runners for the tables and tomorrow I will be making tartlets.
What kind? Blueberry, of course!
I'll take pictures of the luncheon and post later.


So what's the next project?

I'm thinking our well used swing could use a little spring cuteness to make it more comfy and inviting. Remember how I like the color yellow. Well, everything on the porches is covered in a beautiful powdery yellow pollen. Wait, did I say beautiful? No, not this yellow...it must go out with the spring cleaning.




The garden is in a messy state waiting for tilling, planting, watering, and oh how I hope ripe tomatoes!
                                               I better get busy. Have a Happy Thursday!


P.S. In light of the terrible tragedy Japan is facing all this talk about luncheons, swing makeovers and gardening seems quite frivolous, but we truly are counting our blessings and praying for help and comfort for those suffering from so much loss. From the reports I hear we should have a real respect for the Japanese and all the examples of bravery going on. If you visit Etsy there are many shops right now that are using the sale of their goods to help the relief efforts. I applaud them.

No comments:

Post a Comment